“A gaze that seeks… to bestow mercy”
- The Art of Dialogue:
- Seek to engage in sincere dialogue with one other in an effort to improve the service we offer as part of the mission entrusted to us by the Lord.
PERSONS: Presbyteral Council, Diocesan Pastoral Council, College of Parish Priests, Vicariate for the Clergy and Parishes.
- Emboldened by the power of the Risen Christ, we do not fear the wounds and pray for forgiveness and healing.
- We learn about our history so that we can confront the scandals of division and abuse. Through dialogue, on different levels, we seek out truth and justice which lead to reconciliation.
PERSONS: A commission is to be created for this objective: may include collaboration between the Safeguarding Commission, the Commission for Justice and Peace and the Vicariate for Evangelisation.
- We identify chapels of reconciliation where competent persons render service to those in need.
PERSONS: Vicariate for the Clergy and Parishes; Secretariat for the Laity.
- The publication and implementation of the new safeguarding policy so that the Church can become a safer place for children and vulnerable adults.
PERSONS: Safeguarding Commission.
- Integrating all persons in one community:
- The re‑establishment of the Commission for Disabled Persons so that we can identify the attitudes and initiatives required to empower each person to grow in faith and to contribute to the Church.
- New Forms of Poverty:
- When faced with the new realities which will emerge from the Poverty Observatory, we, as a Church, will reflect on how to respond through the service that we provide.
PERSONS: Vicariate for Diakonia
- A group consisting of persons of diverse nationalities and comprising the parish priests of the various languages and the Migrants Commission to study the new reality and to present the following at the next Assembly (a) an appreciation of gifts, (b) suggestions on how to integrate better, and (c) suggestions about how to improve training for living in a pluralistic environment.
- Shared projects to encourage fellowship and dialogue; proposals on improving the integration of persons of different religions.
- As we reinforce the pastoral work which is already being done with asylum seekers and immigrants, we address the causes of xenophobia, human trafficking and exploitation.
PERSONS: Migrants Commission; Commission for Ecumenism; Commission for Interreligious Dialogue; Justice and Peace Commission; Vicariate for Evangelisation.
- The Commission for the Environment to initiate dialogue with parishes, groups and movements to encourage concrete decisions in favour of an integral ecology and the participation of initiatives in favour of the environment.
- A process of reflection regarding the better utilisation of property belonging to Church entities and to determine which properties can be used for projects in favour of the needy.
PERSONS: Commission for the Environment; College of Parish Priests’ Council; Vicariate for Diakonia; Forum for Lay Movements.
- A project in connection to the initiative “The Economy of Francesco” so that the economy can truly be at the service of humanity and the safeguarding of the environment.
PERSONS: Justice and Peace Commission.